- The biggest myth being deep rooted in the neural network of students preparing for an engineering entrance exams is that after completion of 4 years of engineering course he/she will be a proud member of the community of manufactures i.e. will be crowned an engineer. But, in reality only 6 months of industrial training suffixing the engineering is all that it takes to be an engineer.
- Engineers are highly paid breed of humans. In contrast, a fresher gets a lower pay package than a diploma holder in a production plant provided you aren't from the herds of " MERE PAPA KE PASS BAHUT PAISA HAI " students.
- Engineering and management studies are related. In reality, engineering has nothing to do with management. A lucrative salary is what attracts people to management studies.
- Engineers are absolute nerds and geeks who just can't do anything but study. In reality they are the ones who study the least in all their 4 years of graduation.
- Engineering student makes lots of assignments which help them getting closer to their subjects. In reality it’s only the girls who make all the assignments on due date, boys believe in the art of copying. An assignment only helps in getting closer to the opposite sex.
- The one who passes with maximum marks is the one who knows the concept of engineering the best. In reality such students are the one who have mastered the art of mugging. The one who actually knows the concepts finds it harder even to get grace marks.
- Engineering has the most rigorous semester system having no loopholes. In reality, major part of the semesters is spent bunking is needs an immediate revision.
- 100% placements are all but a trap to get the new admissions.
- An engineering student will know how to repair TV, radio, mobile etc. In reality engineering has a vast network of branches. You can’t expect an instrumentation engineer to debug computer software’s.
NOTE: Students preparing for Engineering Entrance Exams please never get occupied by the stray magnetic thoughts of getting a GF once you land up in any of the engineering colleges. Better choose other degree courses instead of ruining your dreams.